We are currently open to all patients. Scheduling available online.
Essential Healthcare Service Statement
As we continue to respond to the ever-changing environment around COVID-19, the safety of our patients and staff is our highest priority. We understand that new information surrounding the changing landscape of our everyday routines has many feeling concerned. We also understand that no clear guidance seems to be coming from any level of government.
As we navigate this situation, Morgan Smith Chiropractic PC is relying on guidance from our state government, the city of San Francisco, national and local chiropractic associations, and healthcare organizations to direct our actions. We are checking updates from the appropriate authorities on a daily basis. Our current stance around patient care is based on the following documents and statements:
- International Chiropractors Association – views chiropractic care as an essential healthcare service that can be used by patients with a wide array of health conditions.
- California Chiropractic Association – As of March 16th: CalChiro recommends that non-emergent and non-essential care should be suspended on a case by case basis for the next 14 days.
- California Board of Chiropractic Examiners – Offers no clear guidance and defers to the CDC which similarly offers no clear guidance other than to “coordinate with state and local health officials.”
- State of California – Includes in the Essential Workforce ” Health care providers and caregivers (e.g., physicians, dentists, psychologists, mid-level practitioners, nurses and assistants, infection control and quality assurance personnel, pharmacists, physical and occupational therapists and assistants, social woorkers, speech pathologists and
diagnostic and therapeutic technicians and technologists). “
- City of San Francisco – deems it essential to “To engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety, or to the health and safety of their family or household members (including, but not limited to, pets), such as, by way of example only and without limitation, obtaining medical supplies or medication, visiting a health care professional, or obtaining supplies they need to work from home. “
- CISA (Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency) – considers chiropractors to be part of the essential Healthcare infrastructure.
We are closely monitoring recommendations and protocols established by the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health departments. We pledge to communicate if our position needs to be modified as the COVID-19 circumstances develop.
- Between appointments Dr. Smith wipes down all equipment that was and surfaces that were touched with alcohol and disinfecting wipes. He also wipes down the door knobs and washes his hands before and after each visit.
- By nature of the treatment, direct physical contact is necessary. To help mitigate risk, Dr. Smith is being tested every other week beginning 05/18/2020.
- To maximize air flow a window is kept open at all times in the treatment room, a fan is kept running to help circulate air, and a HEPA filter is kept running at full capacity.
We will abide by any recommendations from the city, state, and federal gov. in regards to recommended closures.
We recommend patients follow guidelines issued by the CDC, and if you are feeling unwell, please take steps to safeguard others and remain at home.